6.03.2009

Engagement


Sorry all of these posts are at the same time and the events all happened a while ago, but it's better later than never, right!?
As everyone hopefully knows by now, I'M ENGAGED! Devin proposed April 14, 2009. He was about to leave to go to Milwaukee that weekend to work as an installer for APX Alarm company. We were planning on getting engaged when I went out to visit in May, and I never thought that that wouldn't be the case. He was getting everything ready and packing and when I got off of work, he asked me to go to Walmart with him and run some errands. On our way, he turned the wrong way and he said that we were going to go to the Neilson's Grove Park (right near Walmart, and also happens to be the park that we had our first kiss). I figured he wanted to reminisce before he left, so we got out of the car and ran in the ran to the pavilion we had our first kiss at. He said, "I didn't have enough money for your ring, but I wanted to get you something before I left." He pulled out a Macy's necklace box and when I opened it, I couldn't process the fact that my ring was sitting in there! That little amazing liar of mine got down on he knee and all I could say was "Shut up, shut up, shut up, etc." He asked me to marry him and I got down on my knees and we just hugged and cried. I was so surprised that I forgot to put the ring on and I forgot to say yes!
After I stopped freaking out we ran back to the car soaking wet and went back to my house to show my parents and for me to change before we showed everyone! Then we went to Devin's mom's house and showed everyone there. Devin and all his friends came over to see the ring and make sure we weren't lying! It was one of the best days of my life so far! This is a picture of all of the girls rings. Mine is the one on the thumb!

1 comment:

Alicia Pray said...

Con gratz!
I just passed by, sitting here alone on late hours in Sweden.

Anyhow, con gratz again!