6.02.2010

Birthday Wishes

Yesterday was one of the salesmen wive's (Jenny) birthday so we celebrated in style! A couple of the girls got season passes to Six Flags too so that's where we spent the majority of the day. It was SO fun but unfortunately none of us brought our cameras into the park because we didn't want to have to figure out what to do with them while we went on the rides. I found my new favorite...the Superman. Anyways, later that night we went over to Jenny's house for cake. Devin was a trooper. He walked in the door from working all day and he still came with me so that we get to know the salesmen and their wives better. It was so fun! Here's the cake I made. I haven't worked with icing in SO long because all of the cakes I've made recently have been out of fondant. It was kind of frustrating because fondant looks so much more finished than butter cream, but it made me realize that I need to keep up on decorating with butter cream. It's hard because now that I'm comfortable with fondant, I'd so much rather decorate a cake with that than butter cream, but butter cream tastes so much better. My next cake project is going to be practicing making a topsy turvy (aka mad hatter) cake for Kylie's wedding! I'm nervous but excited that I have the time to "broaden my horizons."


1 comment:

Jared & Jenny Petersen said...

Thanks so much for making me this most amazing and wonderful cake. It tasted so good and I ate every last bite till it was gone. Thanks for me so thoughtful!