8.31.2010

Moving In and Heading Out

Great News
Devin and I are moving into our apartment today! We will be living in the basement apartment of Devin's Dad's rental property. This is where we lived before we moved to Georgia and walking into the apartment brought back so many precious memories from our first married year! I'm so excited!

Horrific News
Devin will be leaving for LA tomorrow (Wednesday) to install more security systems. The original plan, after much prayer and careful consideration of all aspects of our lives, was for Devin to attend classes Monday and Wednesday at UVU and drive down to LA to work Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and drive home Sunday. However, last night, one of Devin's regional bosses pleaded with him to stay for the whole month and forgo school this semester. (Devin was only able to get into 2 classes anyway). He was made an offer that he couldn't pass up so here we are about to say goodbye for a month. I try not to think about it because the thought of him gone for a whole month just makes me cry.
Thinking positively, the good that will come out of this stinky situation is:
1) He will make very good money
2) He will still be able to take the same classes, just crammed into the second block of this semester.
3) I will fly down halfway through the month to visit and to CELEBRATE OUR 1 YEAR!
4) I'm taking a SUPER heavy school load so I will be plenty busy with reading and writing papers!

Although these are lame, they are the happy things that I will be clinging to for the next month! Rush and I will desperately miss Devin!

No comments: