3.06.2011

I'm Game...(pun intended)

I seriously would play board games all day, everyday if someone would play with me. I think I might have burned Devin out so I'm available for new board game buddies. It's probably one of my favoritest (yes, I know it is not a word, but I think it truly expresses how I feel about the subject) things to do. I've decided to post the most recent additions to my board game collection so that all of you potential board gamers out there will know my opinion on them. Let's get real, no one wants to spend $30 on something that might be fun. Another reason for posting I guess would be so that you know which games I have so that you can go buy other games. Then you can call me over and I play with you (night or day, I'm there).

Monopoly Deal ($5)
Your house is not a home without this game. You don't have to like Monopoly AT ALL, you just have to like something called "fun." For $5 do you really have an excuse not to own it?


Monopoly-Electronic Banking ($24)
Throw your old board away and upgrade. I have never in my life had so much fun playing Monopoly. I've never been a fan of the tediously long game, but when you have debit cards instead of cash, it is SO fun. Also, all of the properties are US landmarks, the utilities are now cellphones and internet, and the railroads are now airports. It's my newest purchase and definitely one of my favorites.


Ligretto ($10 each set)
This is on my wishlist. Even though I don't own it, I've played it enough to know that this is another game that no one should live without. I've only been able to find it online. Each set is a different color and can accommodate up to 4 people. The more sets you have, the more people can play at once!


Blokus ($20)
This is up to 4 players and is only 20 maybe 30 minutes per round. This game is a slower paced game and definitely makes you think strategically. We played it the other night with a 5 year old (the youngest listed age recommended to play) and she did pretty well considering her age. So all of you with kiddles, it definitely gets them thinking! Love it!



Parcheesi ($8-Walmart)
I grew up playing this game but Devin had never heard of it until I brought it home a couple of months ago. I've always loved this game and it's SUPER cheap at Walmart. It's fun with adults and children catch on pretty quick with a little bit of help. I played with my nieces and nephews (ages 5-8) and they all loved it. Adults have just as much fun! 2-4 players


Cranium ($25)
I got this for my birthday and I love it! I'd played it a ton before but I was so happy to get one of my own. I also love party games that a lot of people can be included in. The best part is that out of all of the friends that we know of that already has the game, we have the newest edition with brand new questions and a cool new board. The board can be folded three different ways to make the length of the game longer or shorter.


Imaginiff ($13)
This game is such a fun party game. You need to play with people that you know, but lets get real, you play games with people you know, right?




Okay so...who wants to have a game night?


(I think I should get some advertising money for all of the good things I said about all of those board games!)

4 comments:

matt and eve lloyd said...

I LOVE the monopoly deal card game! We should definitely play sometime. I'm obsessed with games as well! Hope you guys are doing well. :)

JaRelle Bailey said...

Dave and I love playing games too! We go through withdrawals if we can't find someone to play every weekend. :) Life would be so boring without fun people and games!

JaRele said...

Dude you crack me up! I love Monopoly Deal! I have to beg Dustin to play with me. Love you Girl!

Rachelle said...

We love playing games too! So if Devin ever wants us to come play with you guys we should definitely play some games! One game you HAVE to get is "Things". It's SUPER fun!