10.20.2012

Jewelry Makin'

I picked up a new hobby this summer while I was in Memphis. I had to! I was getting pretty bored and boredom and I don't do well together.

Since it was far too hot and sticky to spend time outdoors, I was limited in hobby choices. Also, Devin and I drove to Memphis with full cars and I knew we would be returning to Utah with full cars, so I knew my new hobby needed to be compact.

So, what's a bored girl with limited space supposed to do? The answer: make jewelry.

I started off by making basic bracelets I had found on Pinterest. They turned out to be glorified macrame bracelets, only one step above what someone would make as a 10 year old at summer camp. Not wear worthy. I will not post pictures simply because it's not worth taking the time to take pictures of them.

Then, I started making bracelets using a technique called bead stitching. They are beautiful and I wear them all of the time.

After making a million of those bracelets (yes, I have many, many more than I have pictured), I decided to venture on over to necklaces. I have a necklace that I bought at a boutique in Georgia a couple of years ago that I always get compliments on. I busted it out and took a real hard look at it and realized that I now knew enough about beading and jewelry making that I could in fact make a similar necklace. So, I taught myself how to make these necklaces; A proud moment for a beginner like me.

Yes, I have a ton...sorry, a TON...more than I have pictured above. I literally went through my closet and made a necklace to match all of my shirts!

I have started an Etsy shop to sell them online, but I have not yet finished posting all of the pictures and descriptions of them. So, when my Etsy shop is ready to go, I will add another post with a link to that!

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Dang, Christina! Nicely done! Def def fo sho sho post when your etsy is up. I'll TOTES buy one!

JaRele said...

Love them Christina! I really want one of those bracelets. Can you make me a necklace tough enough to withstand baby chewing?

Becklyn Marie said...

I love the bracelet you sent me for my b-day! It's so pretty!

Unknown said...

I used to be suggested this web site via my cousin. I’m no longer sure whether this put up is written by means of him as nobody else recognise such specified about my difficulty. You are wonderful! Thank you!

- reverse cycle air conditioning adelaide | room air conditioners adelaide | air conditioner service adelaide

IrishGal18 said...

Wow!! I am very impressed, these are awesome and very pretty! Very talented too! I hope you don't mind if I shared your blog with a friend of mine who also makes jewelry in her sparest of spare time!

Tricia