1.27.2011

My DI craft

I found these frames at DI and I saw past their 90's gaudiness and saw their potential. I paid $5 for all three frames and I paid $1 for the paint!


Before

Here are the frames in all their glory!


This is "The Living Christ" message that I just had framed in a plain black frame before.


After

I LOVE them! I painted the two frames yellow and then distressed them around the edges to give them that vintage look that is so fabulous right now. I painted the middle frame a pale blue color that I found for 50 cents in the "mistint" pile at Lowe's. I then took scrapbook paper and mod podge them onto the frame and then placed "The Living Christ" in the middle. It's an upgrade from the plain black frame I was using before! It was my first time "mod podging" so it's kind of bubbled, but now I know what to do better next time!


This is my favorite picture from our engagements and now it's in a cute frame ready to be hung!




What do you think?!

No comments: