1.27.2011

When Devin's away...

I craft all day! Okay not ALL day, but this whole evening. I had to watch a 4 hour movie for my Humanities class so I stocked up on crafts to get me through it! I got the idea for these from my blog-surfing adventures! I am SO excited about how they turned out! These all started as plain blocks of wood that I picked up from Hobby Lobby. I used crackle glaze to achieve the distressed look.

The new addition for my wall




I made these for our nephew, Harrison. I'm hoping that McKenzie won't see this before Harrison's birthday on the 22nd of February, but I knew that if I didn't post these pictures now then I wouldn't remember later. I'm just too excited to wait :) The colors match his nursery! The colors look a lot better in person, but you get the idea.





4 comments:

Jess and Tom Roberts said...

those look awesome! i want to make some for our apartment. Too bad we don't have a freakin craft store within 30 minutes of our apt.. so dumb. I know what you mean though. Tom was gone last week and is gone all this week... ive been TRYING to be crafty but it doesn't help we dont have stores to get stuff.

Christina said...

It sounds like Tom should have shipped you and Dulany down here to hang out for the week!

Unknown said...

great projects! They turned out great!

:: ashley :: said...

adorable! you need to tell me how you made those, crafty bunco??