7.01.2011

$1.50

Sorry if shopping feats are a bore to you, but I just couldn't keep in my excitement about the deals I got.
So there are outlets just 20 minutes from our apartments. Last minute, some of the girls and I decided to take advantage of the 50% off the entire store deal + my coupon for an extra 15% off of my entire purchase. While at the outlets, Jessica decided to go next door to Pac Sun (I used to shop there before I was married but it just isn't really my style anymore). Courtney and I went to get her so we could carry on and she was in a conversation with a very animated guy that worked there. Courtney and I were ready to go until the sales guy started going on about how cheap their sale stuff was. We skimmed through and didn't see any sale prices marked so we made him prove to us how cheap some of the clothes were. As this post title explains, there was some cute fall/winter merchandise for, get this, $1.50. We got so excited about the $1.50 mark that anything we asked him to price check was, again, $1.50 whether or not that is what the computer said or not! I ended up getting a jacket, hoodie, and 4 cardigans for $9.70 INCLUDING TAX. I really just couldn't wait to share the good deal...we were all pretty stoked!
So, the moral of the story is to go to the outlets on a holiday weekend and go to the stores that the employees are all high. It makes for an enjoyable shopping experience for everyone!
I was also really happy with my trip to Banana Republic. There was a skirt there that I have been eying for over a month now. It was $70 so definitely out of my price range for a new skirt. I think about this skirt often so when we went back, I made sure to search for it. I couldn't find it anywhere until I had made my selections and was heading towards the register. There it was on the rack of leftovers from the dressing room...my skirt, ON SALE! I freaked out especially when I noticed that the skirt was a size too small. Bummer. I asked the sales girl to help me look for more skirts so she searched the computer and said that was the absolute last one in the store. I tried it on to make sure I couldn't get it, and IT FIT! I was so excited! There was a tiny spot on it so I asked the girl if I could get a discount so it was another 20% off for a spot that I'm positive I can either get out, or live with. So, my $70 skirt was on sale for $55 then 50% off then 20% off of that and then 15% off of that ending the price at $21. Whew! I also got a dress for my brother's wedding normally $90 but with the holiday and my coupon, $38.
Gap was nice to me as always. I spent $30 and got a pair of shorts, cute, cute sandals, and another (yes, another) swim suit.
I really can't pay full price for clothes anymore! I'm definitely on a shopping high right now :)

2 comments:

Jess and Tom Roberts said...

we have 2 outlet malls near(ish) us (one at the beach an hour away, and another 40 minutes away) but its the only place we shop> I can't even go into a regular mall.

Rachelle said...

Wow that's awesome! I could totally go for a good shopping trip right now, especially one with great deals!