9.18.2011

Coffee Table turned Bench

I know I have a lot of posts to still catch up on, but I was so excited to show you my little DIY project that I finished this weekend! I just couldn't wait to post the before and after pictures! I did take pictures along the whole time so that I can post a tutorial, but that will have to be another time...I've got too much homework and not enough time!

Before


I saw this coffee table at DI (thrift store) in all it's palm tree glory for $5! I looked past the mosaic palm trees made out of crushed up orange and green tile and saw this wonderful thing I call "potential." I wanted it so bad but didn't think that it would fit in my car. I knew that I would have to talk Devin into letting me take on another project. Not only that, but I would also have to talk him into going to DI with me because I needed his car (to fit the table into) and I can't drive stick-shift. Somehow I convinced him to come with me to take another look at it and when we got there I think he thought I was crazy. It looked pretty white trash! I promised him that I could make it awesome and I told him worse case scenario, we wasted $5...no biggie either way! We loaded it up and I dismissed all homeowrk assignments and other productive activities that I had planned for this weekend in order to start and finish it! Start to finish it ended up taking about 2 hours (if you don't include the time it took to dry). I'm slightly obsessed with it and it turned out better than I imagined!

Take a look:
After



Total cost: $35
Level of happiness this bench brings me: priceless


So, What do you think!?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

That's so cute!! I've seen that done on another blog. It looks wonderful you did a great job!!

Rebecca said...

Love the fabric! You created something so wonderful out of a wasted piece of furniture! Congragulations!

Rachelle said...

Wow, that's awesome! I love it!

Cooking With Mandy said...

So cute...Great job! You should submit this to the Better After blog. :) http://betterafter.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Great makeover! Love it! Your newest follwer! Come link up every Thursday

Passionatelyperfect.com

charl said...

wow i love that..what a great idea to make a table into a seat.. just wondereing though is it strong enough for people to sit on??!...

Anonymous said...

Love this! What a wonderful gift you have to see something so...ugly, and then make it something so beautiful! I would have never thought to do something like this. Inspirational:)

Cheers!
Sarah M.
diyordont.blogspot.com

Kammy's Korner said...

All I can say is WOW. And I can't WAIT for your tutorial!!! Would love for you to share this over at Trash 2 Treasure Tuesdays: http://kammyskorner.blogspot.com/2011/10/trash-2-treasure-tuesdays-4.html